We hope this finds you in good health and company during this Holiday Season!
As many of you know, we began the Van Cise Campership Fund in March 2013 in honor of the passing of Ollie Van Cise. For those who knew Ollie, he’s remembered as a 30-year fixture in the boys’ junior camp, who led with an infectious, humorous spirit, shaping life-long memories for hundreds of FLC campers.
Although Ollie is missed, Forest Lake Camp continues to attract dynamic and committed staff each summer. It is our hope and vision to expose as many campers to the “FLC experience” as possible, each and every summer.
This summer marks our 90th consecutive summer and we are proud to relay that many of the same traditions and core values of FLC remain the same today. FLC is stronger than ever, with a stable enrollment, an excellent staff and increased improvements to our facilities. In fact, last year we added an open-air sports pavilion, which we named the Confer Pavilion to our facilities; and this fall we plan to break ground again to begin preparations for our new mess hall.
Through the Van Cise Campership Fund we have been able to support and provide financial assistance to a dozen different families over the past two summers. This previous summer our campership fund supported two full scholarship campers from the Albany NY Refugee Community. Thanks to the generous donations that we received we were fortunate enough to share the “magic” of FLC with two campers from Burma. It was a remarkable experience for both campers as well as for our whole community. With your help, we will be able to offer more families the assistance they need to send their child to camp! As you consider making a donation, it may be helpful to know:
- $3,195 gives a first year camper ‘2 weeks of magic’ – from which relationships and lifelong lessons are born
- $4,195 gives a camper the opportunity to experience a 4-week summer session
- Almost all of our recipients receive ‘partial’ scholarships – with each family contributing all they can to their child’s tuition
- $50 gives a camper the opportunity to experience horseback riding while $125 gives a camper the opportunity to experience a day on the lake waterskiing
- All donations to our campership fund are tax-deductible
- A gift from the heart, of any size, could provide the moment that changes a child’s life forever
The Ollie Van Cise Campership Fund is truly emblematic of the spirit and commitment that Forest Lake Camp makes to all of its families. We sincerely thank you for considering a donation to the Ollie Van Cise Campership Fund.
To make a donation, please click on “Make a Donation” and you will be redirected to our website where you will be able to make a donation online or by mail. All donations to our campership fund are tax-deductible.
On behalf of the campers and families whose lives you are transforming, we thank you for your generosity!