The LIT program is a ‘life’ program that helps prepare kids for adulthood, college, and additional responsibility. It is bigger than a traditional CIT program.
An LIT is first and foremost, a great role model. She is someone who embodies the best characteristics of Forest Lake Camp: confident in trying new things, responsible, respectful, fun, and has grown into a leadership role which shows they can be flexible, make positive improvements with little direction, and is willing to take on challenges.
Some of the things a LIT can expect of her summer are to:
- Assist counselors and learn from them in both the cabins and activities
- Experience the value of reflection through conversation in small groups with a focus on one’s personal journey and the tools needed to move forward in life
- Be involved in meetings (planning, informational and training)
- Practice stewardship, both in the FLC community as well as outside of FLC
- Become a more effective teacher and coach through working with campers and great staff
- Receive American Red Cross lifeguard/CPR certification
- Evaluations and feedback on their performance