Taylor has been a camp professional since 2014, working in the Adirondacks in the summer camp world and as an international staff recruiter. She has joined Forest lake Camp as our Assistant Director and will be working full time with the rest of the FLC team to ensure the most magical camper experience. Taylor will bring programming, recruitment and summer camp insight that will continue to develop and make Forest Lake Camp a great, fun and safe place for our campers. She will be a resource for families and staff throughout their whole camp journey.
Taylor is originally from Wales and moved to Upstate New York in 2019, with her partner, Jay. They are working towards becoming Adirondack 46ers. So you will most likely see them on a High Peak when not at camp!
- What’s your name? Taylor Ellis
- Where are you from? Wales
- If you could pick a superpower, what would you choose? To be immune to bug bites, especially mosquitos!
- What is your favorite camp activity? Can I choose EVERYTHING?! Anything at the WF (swimming, kayaking, paddle board-yoga) or watching the camp play is always a highlight of my summer!
- If you were an animal, what would you be? A Lion
- What is your favorite sport? Rugby, to watch and play. I am excited to play some rugby this summer with the campers!
- What is the nerdiest thing you do in your free time? If we are not wilderness camping and hiking, then I am most likely participating in a Dungeons & Dragons campaign.
- What is your book recommendation? James Patterson is a great crime/thriller writer.
- What are you excited about most for Summer 2022? I’m excited to meet all the campers and staff of 2022. I also can’t wait to be at camp, in the happiest bubble on Earth, with the sound of “camp” echoing all around.